What is a BB Cream? (It's always the first question)
It is basically a tinted moisturizer with added benefits, most of them claims to act as a sunscreen, moisturizer and anti-aging in one. Most BB Creams have very high SPF and have whitening ingredients.
Now on to my favorite BB Cream, Skin 79 Hot Pink BB Cream!!!!
What is it?
TOTAL SOLUTION BB CREAM WITH 10-IN-1 EFFECTS. Moisture based triple function BB cream takes care of the base as well as colour makeup and allows the skin to look bright and natural without greasiness or feeling tight.
It claims to have lighter feel and enhanced oil control, with whitening and wrinkle prevention.
I have tried a couple of BB creams all my makeup life and so far this is the best. The formula is thick, thus I find it easier if I apply this using my hands for it to spread evenly. At first it looks greyish but after a few minutes it would adjust to match my skin tone. Oil control is very good compared to other foundations. Coverage is light to medium and it gives you that natural looking glow. This BB Cream is not scented which I also love, I do not like products which gives you strong scents (like mint, rose, etc) as I worry that my face will smell the same. Good for everyday use and does not break me out. I still use a moisturizer before I put this on, I believe that with it's oil controlling properties my face dries out if I don't use moisturizer.
- Good oil control
- Does not cause break-outs
- Good for everyday use
- Good benefits: sunscreen, whitening and anti-aging
- Pricey, BB Creams are more expensive than drugstore foundations or other tinted moisturizers. But I think its worth it if you're looking for an all-in-one product.
- Not available in the UK - I think this also adds to the cost (exchange rate, shipping, etc)
- Only comes in a limited number of shades - BB Creams are targeted for the Asian market, thus shades are very very very limited
Overall, I really recommend this BB Cream, and I do hope you guys would give it a try. I really love the finish and feel and I do believe that it helps my skin a lot.
Have you tried BB Creams before? Do share!